Veggie Festive Mixed Nut Roast
- 1 tablespoon olive oil
- 1 onion, diced
- 2 cloves garlic, crushed
- 2 celery sticks, diced
- 200g mushrooms, diced
- 2 carrots, grated
- 2 parsnips, grated
- 1 tablespoon smoked paprika
- 1 teaspoon mixed herbs
- 1 tablespoon tamari
- 1 x can green or brown lentils
- 100g fresh breadcrumbs (can be gluten-free)
- 100g mixed nuts, chopped
- 50g cooked chestnuts, chopped
- 2 eggs, beaten
- Fresh parsley, chopped
- Preheat the oven to 170C and grease and line a loaf tin.
- Heat the oil in a pan and cook the onion, garlic and celery for 5 minutes until starting to soften.
- Add in the mushrooms, grated carrots and parsnips, paprika, herbs and tamari and cook for a further 10 minutes.
- Drain the lentils then add to the pan, mix and cook for a further few minutes then set aside.
- Once cooled a little stir in the breadcrumbs, nuts, eggs, fresh herbs and seasoning and mix well to combine.
- Tip the mixture into the loaf tin and pat down well to pack it all in. Bake for 20 minutes then remove and cover with foil. Bake for a further 30 minutes until firmed up. Leave to cool for 10 minutes then tip upside down and onto a serving plate or board. Serve with Spicy Cortido on top and on the side - and enjoy!