Prep time: 15 minutes
Cooking time: 20 minutes
- 150g uncooked mixed white and wild rice
- 1 apple, chopped
- 2 sticks celery, chopped
- 1 large carrot, grated
- 2-3 spring onions, chopped
- 6 tablespoons Loving Foods Fermented Sauerkraut
- 50g walnut pieces
- 50ml Loving Foods Organic Apple Cider Vinegar
- 2 tablespoons olive oil
- 2 tablespoons honey or maple syrup
- Salt and pepper to taste
- Fresh parsley, chopped
- First cook the rice according to packet instructions (should be about 20 minutes). Drain well and rinse then leave to cool.
- Tip into a large bowl then stir in the apple, celery, grated carrot, spring onions, sauerkraut and walnuts.
- Whisk together the dressing ingredients then pour into the bowl and mix well to coat everything. Chill in the fridge for an hour or two then serve up and enjoy.
This will keep in the fridge, covered, for up to 2 days. Add cooked chicken if you wish.